Queenstown is one legendary town! Why? It’s so well known as the adventure capital of the world! You can’t say you’ve finished visiting Queenstown without taking in at least one of the extreme activities! Really, they have everything that the adventure seeker could ever want!
It’s impossible for anyone to visit and leave saying they were bored. There are so many activities in Queenstown to check off. Imagine I haven’t gone skydiving, paragliding, white-rafting, and many more in this area! It’s really the adventure capital of the world!
You can’t miss out on this town! To help you get the most out of your trip in Queenstown, I’ve put together a guide of top seven activities that I have experienced in Queenstown! And you can also learn more information: MoveToNewZealand.net
1. Jumping World’s First Commercial Bungy Jump
Nonetheless, it is one of most famous attraction in Queenstown and its adventurous spirit created Queenstown’s character. This is a must-do in New Zealand.
Here you can choose between classic single-man bungy, water-touching bungy and even tandem bungy for those who want to share in the exhilaration.
AJ Hackett Bungy Kawarau
- Address: State Highway 6, Gibbston Valley, Queenstown 9384, New Zealand
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.bungy.co.nz/kawarau-bungy-centre
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AJHackettBungyNZ/
2. Swinging World’s Highest Cliff Bungy Jump & Swing
I had so much fun, and I loved the way the staff messed with me before both of my swings. The guides are masterfully sadistic to heighten the experience. Go ahead and jump twice like I did: one front and one back. Facing forwards and backwards are each their own unique and favorite experiences. Personally I found backwards fun and exhilarating, and forwards terrifying and exhilarating. Take your pick!
Shotover Canyon Swing
- Address: 35 Shotover St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.canyonswing.co.nz/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShotoverCanyonSwing
3. Hang Gliding from Coronet Peak, the Highest Take-off Point in Queenstown
Coronet Peak Tandems
- Address: Frankton, Queenstown, New Zealand
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://tandemparagliding.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coronet-Peak-Tandem-Paragliding-and-Hang-Gliding-138212236200033/
4. Whizzing Down the World’s Steepest Zipline
Their World’s Steepest Tree-to-Tree Zipline was true after all, very steep, and probably the fastest one I had in a while! Also, absolutely safe!
They do provide a unique sight into the surrounding environment on both a global scale and local. They were knowledgable on many areas; really feel free to ask anything further than what they explained.
If you’re into learning new things, and enjoy feeling an adrenaline rush, then they’re the right adventure for you.
- Address: 45 Camp St, Queenstown 9127, New Zealand
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ziptrek.co.nz/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZiptrekNZ/
5. Flying over Milford Sound and Fiordland
Nothing puts things into perspective like hovering between mountains so high that no matter how you peer your head up, you can’t see the tops, from inside a helicopter!
Milford Sound is the top tourist attraction in New Zealand — each year, hundreds of thousands of people make the trip to Fjordland National Park to cruise through this iconic landscape, but I was tremendously lucky to be hosted by Over The Top in their 2-hour Milford and Fiordland Highlights scenic helicopter flight.
Flying back brought us along different mountain ranges, glacial river valleys and alpine lakes — yes, you will see lakes on top of the glaciers and mountains. Some of them frozen, some not. You wouldn’t be able to believe it when you’re up there.
Even though everything felt like slow-mo to me, but it was too hard for me to accept the end of this entire. If you’re anything like me, there is nothing more beautiful than getting to see those ice fields, blue crevasses, terminal lakes and spiky mountains from the skies.
Over The Top – The Helicopter Company
- Address: Blue Hangar, Tex Smith Lane, Queenstown Airport, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.flynz.co.nz/index.html
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Overthetophelicopters
6. Riding the World’s Most Exciting Jetboat Ride
Just a FYI, the jet has the power to accelerate in speeds of over 85kph through the narrow Shotover Canyons. It’s so powerful boat whipping through rocky outcrops, skim around crags and boulders, and speed through the spectacular and narrow canyons! The depth of water is only 10cm! It’s like the jet actually hovered into the air! My adrenaline hit beyond the roof! Be sure to hold on tight for Queenstown’s only exhilarating full 360° degree spins
I don’t usually get scared easily, but this one surely got me the shitta out of my pants! I’m confident they’ll do the same to y’all! This is one of top activities in Queenstown!
- Address: Gorge Rd, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.shotoverjet.com/
- Facebook: email@example.com
7. Thrilling in a Jeep Safari Cross River to See Film Locations from LOTR
The Jeep Safari will drive cross the river—it was about 4-5 feet deep! I was terrified a bit that Jeep might broke down right in the middle of the river. Boy, I surely was wrong. I learned that the jeep has a drain that will keep water out of engine. It was awesome experience and this entire thrill made me want to own one of those jeep!
They also take you to Arrowtown; it’s a small historic mining town and that’s where gold was discovered nearby in 1861. A year later there were more than 1,500 men camping and searching all golds for the Arrow River. A bonus is, you will get to learn how to filter minerals to find a gold, how awesome is that?!
- Address: 37 Shotover St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.nomadsafaris.co.nz/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NZNomadSafaris
BONUS: Taking a Trip to the Remarkable
There are a few viewpoints around Queenstown that will blow your mind away. In my opinion, the Remarkable has the best view of all. It’s around 45 minutes away from Queenstown, you will have to drive all the way up to the peak during the winter. During summer time, it’s closed, but you can just take a hike up to the peak to capture one of the best views in the world.
What I did with my travel buddy is that we agreed to go up there at sunset time, we were speechless at its sunset color and the light it has created through the entire land of Queenstown. DEFINITELY WORTH OUR TIME!
You can also find yourself skiing or snowboarding up at the Remarkable during winter season.
After the trip, be sure to get yourself one of the best hamburgers in the world at Fergburger! Order a double cheese burger (to be precise), it’ll be one big-ass burger to refill your energy. I’m telling you, it was so damn good!
I had the Coronet Penthouse for four days. I was speechless after seeing what the penthouse had to offer. It was the best apartment I’ve ever seen in my entire life. It has stunning view of southern alps, azure waters of lake wakatipu, four beds, a Jacuzzi bath, shower, kitchen, living-room, and laundry. It was one-hundred-percentage the best to restore my energy from traveling the world for nearly 6 months. I felt really home there. I’d do anything to return there!
You’re pretty much set with anything you need from them. They offer tour/activity bookings, massage, private chefs/catering, child care services, 24 hour parking and security, onsite manager 24 hours, and free wi-fi.
The Glebe Apartments
- Address: 1-2 Beetham St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.theglebe.co.nz/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheGlebeQueenstown/
Ezi Car Rental
- Address: 105 Curran St, Westhaven, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ezicarrental.co.nz/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ezicarrent/