London is known as Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter’s hometown, one of the most museum-packed cities in the world, and not at all a cheap destination. The latter may sound a bit disheartening. No worries, though! Turn your London experience into the real adventure and choose one of the coolest and most affordable hostels, which will save the day and favor your student pocket.
St Christopher’s Inn Greenwich Hostel
This backpackers’ hostel is located in the south-eastern part of the city less than 10 minutes away by train from the famous London Bridge. Whether you travel alone or with friends, the rooms vary from double to 12-bedded; each room is equipped with a swipe card security access. The most budget-friendly option is a 12-bedded room, only £13 per night. If you want to share the room with fewer people but still stay on budget, the room for six will cost you £20.
- Hot shower with free bathroom amenities (shampoos/gels/soaps).
- For an additional £3 you will get a lovely breakfast.
- No curfew: dance the night away or enjoy the city at night and jump straight to bed anytime.
- DJ parties and live music events on weekends.
- Free Wi-Fi access 24/7. If you travel during the studies, you will be able to devote some spare time to your college assignments. And in case you will need some help with research or editing, you can contact domyessay.com to help you out.
Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage
The hostel is located in a Victorian house, an architectural monument, and a welcoming place to stay on your vacation. The charming spirit of the historical building accompanied by excellent service and great location will make your trip on a budget a fantastic experience. For less than £12, you can stay in a single-sex or mixed room with a pre-made bed, coded key card security system, and free Wi-Fi. The hostel is located a few minutes away from a subway, so getting to any city spot will be a piece of cake.
- The rooms are equipped with free, personal lockers.
- You can get breakfast for £4.50 or cook your meal at the self-service kitchen.
- The hostel provides washing and drying facilities ― irreplaceable amenities for a long stay.
- You can buy attraction and theatre tickets right at the reception.
PubLove @ The Steam Engine
If you cannot imagine a perfect London trip without a pint of ale ― you will love this place! After a long day packed with walking-exploring-admiring, there is no better way to end the day than savor a craft burger with a nice drink and friendly company in the pub, which sits in the same building as this nifty student shelter. The hostel has an extremely convenient location as you will stay close to the famous city spots. Big Ben is within walking distance! And staying in the cheapest room will cost you £12 only.
- The hostel regularly offers drink and food discounts ― a great chance to cut travel expenses down a little bit.
- Excellent location allows you to save on public transport and enjoy strolling the streets.
- It provides free linen and security lockers.
Astor Museum Hostel
If you are looking for a nice place to stay while saving some bucks, consider checking Astor Museum Hostel, which offers excellent service and central location. The types of rooms vary from 2- to 16-bedded dorms, the pricing starts from £19 and includes free linen, towels, high-speed Wi-Fi, and luggage storage. You can check-in, leave your backpack in the luggage locker, and go get to know the city on foot without haste.
- Neatness and comfort will make you feel like home.
- The hostel is located within walking distance from the most remarkable sites.
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen for those who enjoy cooking or travels on a budget.
- The cozy common area.
- They offer a charity breakfast. You can grab something to eat for only £1.
Wombats City Hostel
If you are looking for affordable accommodation and a place for friendly gatherings, you can share a living space with other travelers in this modern hostel full of good vibes and a spirit of adventure. For £25 a night, you get to stay in a place that resembles home. All the attractions are close and easy to reach on foot, which is really convenient and allows you to save on public transportation!
- Self-service laundry facilities.
- The hostel offers a buffet breakfast for an additional £5.
- There is a fully equipped kitchen for meal cooking and storing. Bonus: they also have pasta and a free food shelf in the refrigerator.
Whether you travel with your friends, in a group, or alone ― consider one of these affordable and unique hostels to make the most of your trip and explore London on a budget!